David Plummer MIET
Principal and consultant
David has over thirty years business experience in both public and private sectors developing new business, products and services.
He has a strong focus on numbers and their role in supporting effective decision making, whether those numbers represent demand, activity, income or expenditure.
Key projects that David has delivered include:
- Modelling epidemiological need for healthcare services
- Pricing tools for use by commercial and operational teams to reduce the risk and cost of bidding both within the healthcare and telecommunications sector.
- Costing models for health and social care pathways
- Determining the profitability of telecommunications products and service, providing evidence to support regulatory determinations
- Valuation models to support mergers and acquisitions, and license applications in the telecommunications industry.
- Whole life costing of telecommunications solutions to demonstrate value to key customers.
Outside of work, David has a keen interest in photography, and creative writing.
Read my latest articles on Medium
- Microsoft has lost the plot when it comes to content indexing and search. Make sure you know what is and is not being indexed.For most people, Windows Search is one of those features which just exists. The only time anyone might pay attention is when the computer’s fan makes a lot of noise because content indexing […]
- Business forecasting the easy way using Python, pandas, and Dask.Creating and sharing business forecasting models using spreadsheets is a nightmare. Python provides options for managing the chaos.How do you take a business forecasting model containing 2.7 million cells over 76 spreadsheets developed by another organisation and update it with new data and additional functionality? The answer, you […]
- How the performance of two mental health crisis houses shows opportunities to provide more capacity by working across organisational boundaries.This is a true story. It will end by offering lessons that can be drawn from an analysis of two mental health crisis houses. It won’t include any maths.Before the story starts, I want to emphasise that […]
- Handling exceptions in asyncio requires careful management to ensure that code does not become unstable.This is the second part of a series of articles looking at problems arising when waiting on multiple events in Python Asyncio. The first article explored how to manage the lifecycle of tasks when using asyncio.wait. This article discusses how asyncio.wait […]
- Asyncio is a powerful way to implement multitasking in Python but failing to use it properly can lead to poor code performance.What is asyncio?Asyncio is a Python library that implements cooperative multitasking for code that frequently needs to pause and wait for input/output (I/O) operations. It is co-operative in the sense that each piece of code […]