David Plummer MIET
Principal and consultant
David has over thirty years business experience in both public and private sectors developing new business, products and services.
He has a strong focus on numbers and their role in supporting effective decision making, whether those numbers represent demand, activity, income or expenditure.
Key projects that David has delivered include:
- Modelling epidemiological need for healthcare services
- Pricing tools for use by commercial and operational teams to reduce the risk and cost of bidding both within the healthcare and telecommunications sector.
- Costing models for health and social care pathways
- Determining the profitability of telecommunications products and service, providing evidence to support regulatory determinations
- Valuation models to support mergers and acquisitions, and license applications in the telecommunications industry.
- Whole life costing of telecommunications solutions to demonstrate value to key customers.
Outside of work, David has a keen interest in photography, and creative writing.
Read my latest articles on Medium
- Systems thinking provides a way to model complex behaviours which cannot be analysed with other approaches such as reductionism or linear…Continue reading on Medium »
- How to overcome the limitations of clustering algorithms using machine learning and parameter optimisation to segment large datasets.Continue reading on Medium »
- How to create a configurable KNIME node to share themes using Plotly templates between KNIME visualisations generated using Python Plotly.Continue reading on Medium »
- How to create a configurable population pyramid visualisation which can be re-distributed for use by data analysts, without having to…Continue reading on Medium »
- When doubles are not good enough use Python’s Decimal library to improve the accuracy and precision of calculationsContinue reading on Low Code for Data Science »