David Plummer MIET
Principal and consultant
David has over thirty years business experience in both public and private sectors developing new business, products and services.
He has a strong focus on numbers and their role in supporting effective decision making, whether those numbers represent demand, activity, income or expenditure.
Key projects that David has delivered include:
- Modelling epidemiological need for healthcare services
- Pricing tools for use by commercial and operational teams to reduce the risk and cost of bidding both within the healthcare and telecommunications sector.
- Costing models for health and social care pathways
- Determining the profitability of telecommunications products and service, providing evidence to support regulatory determinations
- Valuation models to support mergers and acquisitions, and license applications in the telecommunications industry.
- Whole life costing of telecommunications solutions to demonstrate value to key customers.
Outside of work, David has a keen interest in photography, and creative writing.
Read my latest articles on Medium
- When doubles are not good enough use Python’s Decimal library to improve the accuracy and precision of calculationsContinue reading on Low Code for Advanced Data Science »
- The seven steps to effective decision making empowers you to make choices to achieve what you want.Continue reading on Medium »
- Successful companies need ambidextrous leaders who can manage the tension between exploitation and exploration in a rapidly changing world.Continue reading on Medium »
- KNIME is data science platform into which advanced Python algorithms can be integrated. This workflow uses the both of best tools to…Continue reading on CodeX »
- Microsoft has lost the plot when it comes to content indexing and search. Make sure you know what is and is not being indexed.Continue reading on CodeX »